THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nie and Caramel Sauce

First, let me just say that our darling Nie is "Out of the Woods". This is the official word coming from her sister, cjane. This is such stupendous news! She still has months of recovery and then many, many months (maybe years?)of physical therapy. But, we'll take it. Never before have I been so emotionally invested in a perfect stranger! (Nie is a fellow blogger for you newbies.)

Secondly, I have a fabulous (and ridiculously easy) recipe to share:

My Favorite Caramel Sauce

2/3 C heavy cream
1/2 C butter
1 C brown sugar

(only 3 ingredients - now that's my kind of recipe!)

*Heat cream in saucepan. Set aside
*Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
*Remove from heat and add cream
*Refrigerate. It also freezes well.

This delightful caramel sauce was a gift from my dear friend Marci when we were in Guatemala for Christmas two years ago. (Remember Marci and her caramel sauce, Angie?)

The kids and I love it most when used to make caramel popcorn (which is how we became addicted to it in Guatemala). We also love it for dipping apples and adding to hot apple cider. Enjoy!

Thanks, Marci!

Now, if I could just think of something to make for dinner...suggestions?

Lovin' Fall,
Heather

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

The caramel sauce sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it. I'm guessing dinner is over...ha...but I love soup this time of year. Even being in TX where it's still warm, soup or even chili is a fall/winter food to me. :)

Angie said...

Hmmmm, I don't remember the sauce. But will have to try it. Do you pour it over the popcorn?

I follow the Nie "story" too, and was excited to hear that all will be well.

The Best Family said...

hi heather! i lost your blog address and am just now catching up on months of posts after you sent your link with the mexico updates. i came across this post and had to add that we still make marci's caramel sauce - it's the best! it's so fun to see the pics of your gorgeous kids again! i can't believe how big and grown-up they all look. hope you're enjoying a gorgeous winter in mexico/california!