THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Daddy or Bust

That's right. I'm pulling the kids out of school (the truancy board loves when I do that), and we're hittin' the high road to Montana. I've had enough of this whole "being apart from Daddy" business. So I'm grabbing the kids at noon, driving 'til I can't drive no more, and then driving some more. Sixteen hours and a whole lotta movies should see us arriving in the Madison Valley sometime tomorrow afternoon. (I'll probably stop and get a room near Wells, Nevada tonight. I hope they take geriatric dogs who sometimes can't hold it through the night.)

Please sends thoughts for a safe trip.

I'm off to pack.

Oh, and shave my legs...

Hugs, Heather

P.S. Dave will join us for the drive home on Sunday. The cabin should be buttoned up by then! Don't forget - it'll be available to rent starting summer 2009. I'll post pics when I'm up there.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Here are prayers for a safe and happy trip with a very warm reunion!

Michelle said...

All these romance stories sending you off huh? DOn't forget some sweet smelling lotion too...nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

What are you going to do to keep the kiddos occupied on the drive? I'm looking for activities over on my blog.

Jennifer said...

Hope you have a safe trip! Enjoy your time up there! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Tina said...

Way to go, Heather! They are OUR kids after all - who cares what the school thinks! Have a happy, happy reunion! P.S. I'll bet he won't even CARE if your legs are smooth or not! Can't wait to see photos of the cabin.