THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We're home! The kids and I, that is. I had to leave my hardworking, never-leaves-a-project-unfinished (which is what I love about him), husband in Montana to babysit the electrician. And finish the ceiling (the installer seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth).

So the kids and I hit the road yesterday morning and got home last night at midnight. The last couple of hours were tough, but Danielle Steele kept me company (love a good book on "tape").

The kids are glad to be home, and they're all playing a little "catch-up" with homework this afternoon.

I'm missing Dave a lot today, and I'm very ready to have my little family back together again.

We had a wonderful time with Daddy in Montana, and, as an added bonus, we were able to spend the last couple of nights camped out in the cabin. And even though it's still a bit of a construction zone, it was very cozy. We made a fire and some soup, tried out our new pebble floored master shower with rain head (FABULOUS!), tucked the kids into their nests, and watched the snow fall from our blow up air mattress. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get any better than that. You know?

Here are some pics from our time:














5 comments:

dave.heather said...

Good pictures, they really show the mess and the fun. Yes, I will eventually come home. I would like to finish the house though, but I know that likely will not happen.

Your adoring husband.

PS Good job getting home again

Angie said...

Looks gorgeous...and amazing. You are very blessed.

Carol said...

Looks amazing! I'd rent it!!!! Our Canadian Thanksgiving is earlier than the American one. We celebrate on the 2nd Monday of October. It's traditionally when the cottages get closed for the winter and the boat gets pulled in. David did go in the water this week-end to bring the dock in. Even though it was warm outside, his legs were numb! haha!

lawtrix said...

The cabin (and the landscape) looks fantastic! What a fun weekend adventure for your kids - and the snow was a bonus ;)

Tina said...

Beautiful! All of it! People, cabin and landscape!