THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Friday, October 03, 2008

Invincible

Did you know that I used to be invincible? Immortal even. I could trek all over foreign countries with nary a concern for the safety of my person. But those days are, apparently, OVER! Four kids and fifteen years later I can hardly handle Target on a Friday night without fearing for my life. I am quite content safely tucked in at home, with my children happily watching Speed Racer (how darling is Matthew Fox, anyway?). Yup, just me, my blog, and I (and maybe a glass of wine...or two). Happy Weekend! ~Heather

3 comments:

Tina said...

What?!? No more trekking?
I'm so with you on the staying home on Fri. night thing (AND I'm about 12 years older than you!) I still trekked when I was your age!

Angie said...

I am content staying home as well. Especially in the winter when it is so cold outside.

Coastal California said...

Proud of you, away with the trek, home in foggy drizzle Spreckels (there's no place like home) and a glass or TWO...that's my girl! :)
Target is only safe on a weekday morning, *buk in hand with a friend-dontchaknow!