THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dear Truancy Board,

I'm afraid I will be unable to return my children to school on Monday as previously promised. You see...we're snowed in...

errr...it's snowing...a lot.

um...the roads are icy...really icy...and slippery.

and...the snow plow doesn't come 'til Monday...or maybe Tuesday.

plus...and I'm sure you'll agree with this...there is certainly more involved in the education of children than sending them to school. Like what causes a snow drift, and at what temperature rain turns to snow, and seeing elk in the wild, and what black ice looks like, and the Legend of Jack Frost.

I will be sure to have them back in school just as soon as...the snow melts....or the plow comes through...or the cabin is finished...whichever comes first.

Very sincerely yours,
Mrs. Stewart

P.S. Feel free to call and discuss this matter further...with my husband.





6 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, what fun to be snowed in! Have a great time and school will be there when you get back.

Jennifer said...

I couldn't agree more...there is MUCH more to education than what kids learn in school! As a teacher, I must say I love snow days!!! Wish I was snowed in too...not much chance of that here in Texas with 85 degree weather!
Enjoy!

Beulah said...

Mmmm...how fun. And what a marvelous place to be snowed in!

Coastal California said...

stay tucked in til it's safe...alls well here, checked on the house-good
bag placed on porch-check
kids asked to go see Em/Eve tonight, bummed they weren't home as promised.
Let me know when you get on the road tomorrow...& if there is anything else
~A

Tina said...

You lucky ducks! Snow! We are so kindred spirits. Grace is home today...when asked to answer WHY by the school secretary I had nada to offer but the truth...UM..."she's tired". Now we'll go have a delicious cuddle on the sofa. Tina

nicaudfamily said...

What an awesome family story for you kids to remember-the first stay at the finished cabin and you get snowed in!!! I bet you are soooooo glad to be there or you be home without Dave b/c he would be snowed in all alone!
Have a wonderful time and make a few snoballs for us Louisiana folks!