THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Pre-Approval Baby!!!!!!


I'm so excited!!!! We got the email from the embassy today...we have pre-approval! Hopefully, if everything else is in order (social worker report, family court, etc.) then we'll be able to go into the final court, PGN, in the next couple of weeks. Evie and I leave for Guatemala tomorrow and we are both so excited. Evie told me the other day that when she sees her "baby sisto" she's going to scream! I told her that I might just scream myself. I think we've found a house to rent for Dec. and Jan. It's on the north-east side of Antigua, near the Casa Santo Domingo, on a quiet cul-de-sac with lots of other local families and kids. The house has a colonial style courtyard with "climbing trees". The family that rents it out has two kids (12 and 7) so the house is set up for kids. It comes fully furnished with a housekeeper and even a cat! It really seems perfect for us. I'm very excited! I'm going to Antigua on Friday to check it out and decide for sure.
I'm a little nervous about seeing our baby. At 5 months old she might know that I'm a complete stranger! At 3 months she didn't realize, and as long as I fed her she was happy. Hopefully, she'll still love me.
Anyway, thanks for checking in on us. I'll try to update this site with new pics while I'm in GC.
~Heather

1 comment:

Shana said...

Hi Heather! Congratulations on your PA! Your house in Antigua sounds great! That is exactly the area/ type of house we are looking for and we will be there in Dec/Jan as well. Do you mind sharing with me how you found it? Did you use a real estate company like Carstens or CasaNova? Will you have internet access there? Thank you so much for any advice & I look forward to meeting you!
Shana R. (waiting for Isabella and Oliver!)