THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Hola from Guatemala!


Hi everyone! I thought I'd just write a quick post while my girls are sleeping! We arrived safely in Guatemala City on Wednesday and received our baby Thursday. She is absolutely beautiful and such a joy! She is five months today and smiles all the time. She is nursing well although not as much as when we were here in August. Evie has taken to big sisterhood smashingly! They adore each other, and it's very sweet to watch them interact. We've been calling our baby Soli, short for Soleil, which seems to suite her perfectly. We went to the market today and we are going to the children's museum tomorrow. We are getting splendidly spoiled by the Marriott, and it will be painful to start making my own bed again! I've met so may great families here...lots of them taking their babies home. So exciting! I meet with our attorney on Monday, and I'm very much looking forward to establishing a relationship with her. We return Soli to her foster mother, Mary, on Monday evening and then we're on our way home Tuesday. I'll post new pics when I get home. We'll keep you all posted on PGN...Thanks for checking in! ~Heather, Evie, and Soli

No comments: