THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Hair Brained...And Five Years Ago Today

Three days 'til we embark on the adventure of a lifetime.

And am I ever hair brained!

Let me explain.

Being that my list is about 7 iPads long, time is currently one commodity that cannot be wasted. Gas, on the either hand, is not nearly in such short supply. So this morning I needed to run to school to snap a quick picture for yearbook (remember when I had all that "free time" for things like yearbook?). Anyway, I decided that I was far too busy to walk the two and a half blocks to school. Better to waste gas over time, I reasoned. So I drove. And parked right in front of the school. Before long "snapping a quick pic for yearbook" turned into "snapping a quick pic for yearbook, then sorting through a monster pile of lost and found (yes, found it), and then discussing the ins and outs of my homeschooling plan with the principal". By the time I left the school I was so short on time that I nearly ran all the way home. Only to find that my car had been stolen!

Honestly, if my brain weren't attached I may forget to pack it. But, at least the yearbook will be done.

On another note entirely, five years ago today we landed in soggy San Francisco.  After living in Guatemala for two months, we were finally bringing home our brand new baby girl. It was such a happy day. We love you, Sunshine. Check out that story here.


3 comments:

Carol said...

Dear Heather,
I laughed when I read this post! I've done the exact same thing. I live up the street from our school and came home one day to discover my van was stolen out of my driveway! hahahaahah
So excited to hear about your new adventure! You are a brave woman! I always enjoy reading your blog and learning about your family! Have a wonderful time away! Hope we hear from you while you're gone!
Best,
Carol.

Unknown said...

Heather - Have a great time on your 5 month adventure. I will check you blog periodically to monitor the good times. From all your friends at LWP, bon voyage!
Steve

Unknown said...

Have a great time Stewart family and know that your friends a LWP are thinking of you.Steve