THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Quick Soli update...



Just a super quick note to let you all know that Soli seems to be on the mend (hold on while I find some wood...ok). She slept through the night last night (Gracias a Dios!) and hasn't thrown up again. She is continuing to take her soy formula on a normal schedule, and tonight I gave her some pedialyte just for fun. She still has diarrhea but it's really minor. I could almost chalk up the difference to the change in formula. We find out tomorrow the status of our case. I did, however, buy the large bottle of olive oil today at the Bodegona. I think this is my way of coming to terms with the fact that we are likely to be here long enough to need the big bottle. The good news is that if we're here long enough we'll get to experience Semana Santa (Holy Week) and Easter in Antigua. They have these processions and sawdust carpets that are supposed to be just amazing. If I can trick myself into hoping that we're here for Semana Santa then surely we won't be, right? Here's to hoping...My mom called tonight and said that she's looking into coming down. It would be so lovely to have her down here. The other night while I was walking my sick baby through my dark house at 4 in the morning I had a delirious moment when I thought to call my mom to see if she could come over. Would have been a rather long drive from California... I had another brain fart today as I was walking to the store. I was talking to Dave on my cell phone, and it was on the tip of my tongue to ask him if he wanted me to pick up anything special from the store. Honestly! Anyway, thanks for checking in. Dave took these pics of the girls "playing soccer" when he was here. Aren't they the cutest? ~H

No comments: