THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2009

You'll be Happy to Know...

A)...that Nie is out of the hospital and recovering at her parents home. Her children are still being cared for by her sister, Courtney, but, the word is, she is getting stronger every day. (I imagine at this point everyone is as big a Nie fan as me -- I even have a t-shirt -- but this is an update in case you aren't already totally addicted to the darling Nielson family.)

B)...that since my last post I have successfully collected two large garbage bags of C.R.A.P. to take to the Goodwill. (Plenty more where that came from.)

C)...whilst returning a pair of pj's to Gymboree, I was lured to that 60% off rack (you know the one). How could I pass it up, really? After scouring the rack for the best deals to be had, I was about to check out with a load of C.R.A.P. in my arms. Said C.R.A.P. included a pair of red Mary Janes that would be perfect for Evie...next Christmas; a pair of flip-flops for Soli...that she totally doesn't need because she already has like four pair, and she never really wears shoes anyway, but they were only $1.99, and they were stinkin' cute; and the cutest striped, matching sweaters for the girls that would be darling...on Thanksgiving.

I had my Amex out of my wallet, when I remembered my [only] [well, almost only] New Year's Resolution. I smiled sweetly to the girl behind the counter, and I said, "I'm so sorry, but I don't need any of this". And I put it all back and left the store empty handed. I was so happy. Amen.

P.S. Two years ago today we exited PGN. Here's the link to the story.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Wow, good for you, leaving all those purchases begind!