THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2008

Evie turns five!!

I can't believe our little Eviebelle is already five years old!! That seems like such a big birthday. She'll be starting kindergarten in the fall, and then I'll be back down to just one at home with me.
I took Evie to the city to see the Nutcracker for her big fifth!

This coat belonged to Dave's Gramma Eleanor. When she passed away my father in law gave it to me. It has recently become my favorite coat. We forgot Evie's coat in the car when we stopped for lunch so she borrowed mine, and I just thought she looked so cute. I loved seeing generations tied together through a favorite coat.

Posing with Maria and the Nutcracker.

For Evie's birthday this year we took her and about 10 little friends to see "Enchanted". Evie helped me bake her cake (or maybe I helped her?), but I told her I would decorate it after she had gone to bed. She woke up bright and early the next morning to see how it had turned out. I had to laugh when she whispered in my ear at 6am, "Mommy, my cake looks pretty, but someone spilled popcorn on it." And, of course, no cake is complete without the sprinkles...all of the sprinkles.


May all your wishes come true, my beautiful birthday girl!

Evie's birthday is on Christmas Eve, so we try especially hard to make her birthday special. One of her favorite things about having a Christmas birthday is getting her very own Birthday Tree. She gets to decorate it herself (this year she let Emerson help) with all things pink and girly. So fun.

No comments: