We got word today that we did not get kicked out of PGN last week after all, and, in fact, our file is on the director's desk waiting for approval as we thought. That was great news. We could still be kicked out, but hopefully we'll be approved in the next couple of weeks. That will be a great day. After that the birth mother signs off for the last time (bittersweet somehow) and the final adoption decree will be issued. At that point Soleil will legally be our daughter. Then we wait for a new birth certificate, (with our last name), a Guatemalan passport to be issued for her, and finally, the US emabassy will issue the final embassy appointment (pink slip). Once we have our embassy appointment and Soli has been seen by the embassy doctor we'll pick up her visa (so she can enter the US), and we'll be free to come home!!! Once we touch down on US soil Soleil will be a US citizen. (This is because Dave and I visited her in her birth country before the adoption was finalized.) The last 3-4 steps after exiting PGN usually take 3-4 weeks. I'm trying to keep that big bottle of olive oil in my mind and trying not to get my hopes up that we'll be out of PGN soon. These last five days have been a good reminder that this is an unpredictable journey at best. I have no idea how long we'll be down here, and I knew that coming into this. We're on our way, but we still have plenty of check marks to go. Please keep us in your thoughts. Thanks for checking in. ~Heather
P.S. Soli is in a holding pattern with rotavirus. She's not much better today, but not worse either. I'm keeping her pumped with fluids. She upchucked this morning, but I think it may have been due to a big burp followed by a quick cough. There was no heaving involved (if you know what I mean...). Her diarrhea does seem to be more persistent. We're going through the diapers, wipes, and desitin (not to mention the outfits from the blow outs). I'll keep you all posted.