THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 28, 2006

I need a Latte Caramelo to cure my Christmas hangover!

Dave left yesterday morning and today I'm feelin' the pain. I stayed up far too late blogging last night, and I think I'm suffering from a Christmas hangover, too. The last few weeks I've been so focused on getting us acquainted with Antigua and making our house feel like a home. I've been busy getting ready for Christmas and Evie's birthday, and, of course, I've been anticipating Dave's arrival. Now, Dave has come and gone, Evie's birthday is over, and Christmas is another year away. I just need to find a new project and do a little shopping (that always helps). I'm finding myself checking my email every 20 minutes for word that we are out of PGN, and that's just not healthy. I think I'll start today looking into school options for the boys. The local schools start their school year on January 20th. The boys started Spanish lessons yesterday, and I just love to see them using what they learn with their little friends. Today I heard Emerson telling Jhonathan, "Soy rubio!" "I'm blonde!" Not the most useful phrase to know, but Spanish none the less. As for our adoption, our agency keeps saying that she expects us to be getting out of PGN any day. There was another family with our same attorney who went in on the same day as us and they got out after only 5 weeks. There is also a rumor going around that Barrios (the director of PGN) is going to be in this week to push a bunch of cases through before the New Year. Hopefully, ours is one of them!! Thanks for checking in on us! I'm off to make lunch. ~Heather

No comments: